Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Travel Cartel update

Join the Travel Hacking Cartel
I've started the serious business of trying to get as many travel miles as possible while spending as little travel-related cash as possible. I took another look at the Alaska Airlines credit card deal, and they want $45 or $75 (premium card) for a year. I think I'll wait a bit to see what Chris has up his sleeve ... I know he's talked in the past about deals with lots of miles and a fee-free card (sometimes for just a year - but I have a calendar so I can make sure I cancel the card when a year is up). There's also all kinds of promotions to look in to.

I've dug out all my old travel numbers from years past (when I traveled a lot), and now need to check whether they're still all active and relevant; I have Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Avis, Budget, Delta Airlines, Hertz, Hyatt Hotels, Marriott Hotels, Ramada Hotels, United Airlines, and US Airways to check in to.....