Saturday, February 5, 2011

Am I a nerd or what?

I got another Netbook yesterday - that makes four for me (and a Mac for Kath, another Netbook for Dave, a laptop for Laura, and another desktop (Linux) for me - so that makes a total of  eight). I'm quite impressed with this later generation of laptops - dual core Intel Atom processors, better video, fast boot up and thirteen hour battery life. It's 3pm today, and I've had this computer running on battery since about 8am this morning. The battery meter says there's still 7.5 hours of life yet. Even if it never gets to the stated thirteen hours, eight is more than enough - and quite a bit better than the two hours I would get out of previous technologies. I've waited a long time before improvements in these types of computers made sense enough to upgrade. Now I add Skype, Open Office, iTunes and Chrome and I'm all set ... for another few months anyways.

No comments: