Wednesday, January 5, 2011

One year..

Today marks the one year anniversary of my escape from "the big house". While the progress can seem minimal at times, when you look back over the course of one year, it's quite remarkable. Yesterday, my friend Bruce and I took a hike through Minnekhada Park. It's been over a year (duh!) since having done any walks through the wilderness, and I really thought that attempting a hike would be a springtime affair. Regardless, Bruce and I went out for a walk in the woods. I surprised myself - didn't have any major problems navigating roots, rocks and hills - and completed the 4.75km circuit without completely falling apart. I can now see that hiking is something I will be able to do (and can already, in a limited sort of way). Thanks to Bruce for taking the time to invite me, and to "spot" me on the (sometimes icy) tricky parts.

No comments: