Monday, June 20, 2011

This just keeps getting better

I went sailing this weekend with Andrew and Dean, over to Maple Bay on Vancouver Island to see our mutual friend, Arnim. On the way over, I got seasick three times in a relatively small swell, and on a moderately heeled sailboat - probably a quarter as rough as I've been in (actually, not rough at all, but "pleasant"). Just one more surprise about the re-wiring of my brain going on. Sleep, sailing, swimming - I wonder if it's just anything beginning with the letter "S" (I know what you're thinking)?

Fortunately, I was able to buy some Ginger Gravol (no drugs - just ginger that they sell for $7), and that seemed to do the trick for the journey back. In sheltered water (no swell at all), I am just fine.

On another note, I slept well on the boat. I sleep well in the RV. I didn't sleep last night at home in my own bed. What's with that?

Photos on Picasa.

1 comment:

Kathryn Marie said...

You should live outside.