Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm fascinated with this stuff

I went to my family doctor a couple of weeks ago - not so much for more drugs or tests - but for some opinions about the sleep issue (my continuing nemesis). Everything else, for the most part, is measurably getting better, but the sleep thing continues to haunt me every night. I asked if it would be counter-productive to try Ativan again once/week to see what that did. He said that if it helped, there would be no harm in doing it - you couldn't develop a new dependency relying on the drug that infrequently. So last night I gave it a try. I'm hesitant to use anything, but after a few nights of no rest, I give in and reach for the medicine cabinet. So now I'm alternating doxylamine succinate (the Nyquil stuff) and Ativan every third night. The graph above is with the Ativan - I know I slept really well for a couple of hours there...

Just for fun, I pulled a "regular" sleep graph off the website of Sleep Cycle to see what it should look like (below). The two are still quite different, but I'm getting closer! Tonight, we're going to hook the iTouch to Laura's side of the bed to see what her graph looks like.

No comments: