Sunday, June 12, 2011

Round The World Travel?

I received an update to a mailing list I'm on regarding RTW travel - it advertised a Vancouver - Beijing - Delhi - Mumbai - London - Rome - Paris - Vancouver trip for about $2400 taxes included. This got me to thinking.

I went on to the BootsnAll travel site, and am getting them to quote me on my individual choice of journeys:  Vancouver - Boston - Amsterdam - London - Istanbul - Dubai - Singapore - Bankok - Hong Kong - Vancouver. All the flights are one-way and completely changeable - so it's really just a series of one-way flights, with the same restrictions as a regular one-way would have (very few). The price I got online was from $2400-$3400 all-in. We'll see what they say when they contact me.

Once you figure that I would force Laura to take a backpack and sleep in hostels, the total cost for the both of us shouldn't exceed $10K, figuring 45 days and trying to do it for less than $100/day.

It could be the trip of a lifetime ... just wonder if I'm up for it??

2 comments:

Chris from BootsnAll said...

Good luck, Doug. I hope we come up with something that's within your budget.

Was just in Vancouver this past w'end for the TBEX conference. Really enjoy the city and best of luck in the Stanley Cup tonight.

Kathryn Marie said...

You can/should/must go!