Saturday, December 16, 2006

Kathryn's Christmas 2006 Blog


”Don’t try to be funny, chicks aren’t funny.” This was the answer I got when I asked “what should I write in the Christmas letter, Dave?”

2006 was quite the year...on my side of things I’m set to graduate this coming May from UBC with a BA in History and English. I’m not worried about the future; MacLean’s said that the economy is so hot that if you have a pulse and a watch you can have a job! I’ve got a pulse, a watch and a BA! I’m definitely a shoo-in for middle management!

My plan as it stands is to take a year off to travel, teach some English in Asia and figure out what to do with the next decade of my life.

The apartment is not a sketchy dump (as per Dave) although the people upstairs yell a lot and there is a family of raccoons that live outside and eat our garbage. We also had that stray cat through the kitchen window problem during the summer. Otherwise the place is great; we live close to grocery stores, school and
downtown.

Well, as I’m not supposed to even try to be funny, I’ll border on corny … Kath’s final comments for 2006; live, laugh, love, reduce, reuse, recycle and go to www.saveourclimate.ca!

Peace!
Kath

No comments: