Thursday, February 15, 2024

X Marks The Spot

I'm feeling pretty good right now. That's the pernicious part of all this ... you feel fine but there's a big problem brewing inside your body.

Yesterday, brother Don went with me for all the lab work and ECG I needed at Royal Columbian Hospital. We also walked down some long-forgotten rabbit warren hallways in the basement to find the Ostomy Nurse (Lucy). She spent about a half hour with us, answered all kinds of random questions, and put an X on my stomach where the best location for my stoma would be. It turned out to be a little more involved than I thought it would be - all kinds of factors to consider that I had never thought of (can you see it when you stand up, where's you beltline, where will the bag sit).

Two weeks today is surgery day.

No comments: