Monday, February 5, 2024

Getting Into Shape (?)

Although I was worried that I might not get back on my bike for months and months, I checked with Dr. Wong last Friday and he said "no problem". My last ride was October 1 (2023) and had no idea how I'd do. It was easier than I thought, but harder than it should have been. 

My butt hurts. 

I have a little over three weeks to get in reasonably good shape - as I know all too well "the stronger you are going in, the stronger you are getting out". Unfortunately, the last time I had to really test this was in 2009, and I'm fifteen years older than I was then. I was also in really good shape.

I can't say I'm looking forward to the surgery. It's major, and I know it will take a long time to recover. The only redeeming thought I have is that many people in much worse shape than me have come through just fine.

I only wish it was the end of March...

No comments: