Thursday, April 4, 2013

My Journey to Yum Yum

I've had an epiphany of sorts over the last few days.

With some introspection, I've found that I spend most of my waking hours worrying about what's next. The future. I'm never really in the moment.

This has to stop.

So I've made a short list of things I want to do or things I want to see in the next little while. I think my new project would be to go do them, not worry about how it will affect finances decades down the road.

The Short List


  • Machu Picchu, Peru
  • ALMA Observatory, Chile
  • Easter Island, Chile
  • Uluru, Northern Territory, Australia
  • Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
  • Southwest USA - Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, Roswell, Carlsbad Caverns

Since all of these are in three separate geographies, it shouldn't really be that hard or that expensive...

There's an immediate opportunity to go with Kathryn and Travis from Cairns up Cape York on Postie Bikes. This happens late June this year - so if there's a way for me to go, I'm going.


BTW, "Yum Yum" is the name for the Moai in the 2006 movie "Night At The Museum"



No comments: