Monday, April 23, 2012

Four Things On My Mind Today

First, I'm working on an eBook about sleep. I've learned so much about it the past several months, the least I can do is try and capitalize on it. I figure if I put what I know into a $1.99 book online (Kindle), there's bound to be a few people who give it a try. If this goes well (even if it doesn't) I'll try my hand at writing something a little more free-form.
Second, the "diet" isn't really a diet anymore. I can fight the craving for something sweet, something made from flour, or something from a box pretty easily now. I could never imagine that I would be the one turning down dessert, but it's easier than I would have imagined. I now find myself craving dark chocolate or berries with full-fat yogurt as a treat. Over the weekend, I had a small bowl of sugar-free gelato and a hot-dog in a bun. I've decided that if I do this stuff infrequently then there is both no-harm-done and no-guilt-trip involved.
Third, although I'm a minority in Vancouver for saying this, I'm glad the Canucks lost last night to the LA Kings. I've always said "what's the definition of insanity"? In my opinion, there's just not enough "want" in Vancouver - either by the team or by the fans - to earn a Stanley Cup. It's interesting to see this morning on the news that people have already gotten over the loss. On to other things. We take our sports seriously in Vancouver. Yeah, right.
Fourth, a bit of a milestone this week. As of tomorrow, Laura and I will have been married for 30 years. "For Better Or For Worse" - I bet Laura had no idea what she was in for with me (neither did I). Don't give me a hard time for listing this fourth - these are in no particular order!


No comments: