Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Well This Was Unexpected

I got a random call a few weeks ago from Dr. Narinesingh (Radiation Oncologist). So random that I didn't recognize the number and had to screen the call.

The doc asked if I'd like to be involved in a BC Cancer fundraiser, and since I've done a couple of those with the Heart and Stroke people (dinner, speeches, etc) I said sure. He said he'd forward my name along and somebody would be contacting me.

What this turned into was not on my bingo card.

Yesterday, Laura and I spent from about 4pm - 8pm down at BC Cancer doing a film shoot. Not a film shoot with a man holding an iPhone. There were so many people involved they didn't fit into the ETHOS room (in the photo, the photographer had to clear everyone out of the room so she had a blank slate - that's me with my head in the machine).

After I spent about an hour on the table with the ETHOS machine (took about twenty "takes" with this huge video camera inches from my head), we went to Queen Elizabeth Park where they shot some footage of me on my bike. And me taking a drink from a water bottle. And me looking at my watch. And Laura and I walking down a path. 

All of this will turn into ???

Pretty cool.





No comments: