Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Da Bears

I just completed my fifth (of thirteen) immunotherapy sessions, and as before, it was pretty uneventful. The major change I made this month was to cancel our Grand Canary trip (scheduled for November) after some conversation with my oncologist and family doctor. In a nutshell, we caught the UTI in July right away and I had antibiotics in me in a few hours. That same feat might be really hard to do far away from home in a country that speaks a different language. Had this infection had some more time to brew, it could get pretty serious pretty fast, and that's a risk I'm unwilling to take. We'll catch up with Andrew and Cheryl once the boat is in this hemisphere.


So as a consolation prize, Laura and I are heading up to Telegraph Cove next week to do a grizzy bear watching tour. We cancelled our bear viewing in Bella Coola last year when the cancer diagnosis happened, so we'll try it again in a different venue.

No comments: