Sunday, January 14, 2007

Welcome to Vancouver in January

Since we’ve been home, we’ve lived through two snowstorms, two power outages, a couple of wind storms and torrential rain. This would all be well and fine, except for we’re still living in the trailer.

We got home on Wednesday, January 3rd, and on our way to surprise some friends that night, saw a townhouse for sale not far from where we used to live. During my recuperation in the summer last year I had wandered by the complex several times and thought it would be a great place to live. We called a realtor on Friday, saw the townhouse on Sunday, talked to the bank on Tuesday, and closed the deal on Thursday. Call me impulsive. The house needs some work – but I have some time ;-)

On Friday this week we head to Calgary to visit with my cousin. The anniversary of Jack’s murder is Jan 16th, and that single awful incident kicked off a series of events in our lives that are still being felt. It’s changed me in ways I don’t even know yet. Who would have thought that on January 15th, 2006 that Jack would be gone, Laura and I would leave our jobs, I’d have bypass surgery, we’d spend 4 months traveling, and that I’d feel closer to my cousins in Alberta than I have in 30 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.